1.1.36 released
Gert Doering
2007-06-15 07:21:33 UTC

JFYI, I have just released mgetty 1.1.36.

Major news:

- class 1 fax reception improved

- class 1 fax sending "sort of works" - as with class 1 reception, it has
been tested together with IAXmodem and Asterisk VoIP servers, and seems
to work "well enough" for the limited use it has received so far

class 1 needs to be enabled at compile time with -DCLASS1, and is
NOT considered "production quality" yet. If you want to test it, please
go ahead :) - and if it doesn't work, please provide as detailed results
as possible, but don't expect an instant fix.

- NSF receiver recognition support - that means: if you send to a fax
machine that's known to the tables in hyla_nsf.c, sendfax will tell
you what vendor and machine it is (switch on with "modem-quirks 0x40"
in sendfax.c, not enabled by default yet)

- scalability and stability improvements in faxrunqd

- faxspool now understands @S@ macro in faxheader, to print job number
(F00012345) in the header - helps debugging in large-scale environments

- completely re-written mail-to-fax gateway that can now handle MIME
mails and will handle about everything faxspool can convert

- 64 bit cleanup for the voice/ and PVF stuff (tested on Sparc64 now)

- more self tests for "make test"

- for details, see "ChangeLog"

Download as usual from ftp://mgetty.greenie.net/pub/mgetty/source/1.1/

have fun,

gert
//www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany ***@greenie.muc.de
fax: +49-89-35655025 ***@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Johannes Beekhuizen
2007-06-15 09:59:47 UTC
Hallo Gert,

Op vrijdag 15 juni 2007 schreef Gert Doering aan All:

GD> JFYI, I have just released mgetty 1.1.36.

I tried to compile it and it fails with this message:
make: *** No rule to make target `g3file.o', needed by `mgetty'. Stop.

Advice please?

Groeten,

Hans.

jdh punt beekhuizen bij duinheks punt xs4all punt nl
Gert Doering
2007-06-15 11:18:54 UTC
Post by Johannes Beekhuizen
GD> JFYI, I have just released mgetty 1.1.36.
make: *** No rule to make target `g3file.o', needed by `mgetty'. Stop.
Forgot one new source file (g3file.c, attached). Thanks for pointing that
out.

I have re-rolled the tar ball, with the missing file included this time.

Johannes Beekhuizen
2007-06-15 14:29:32 UTC
Hallo Gert,
Post by Johannes Beekhuizen
make: *** No rule to make target `g3file.o', needed by
`mgetty'. Stop.
GD> Forgot one new source file (g3file.c, attached). Thanks for
GD> pointing that out.

Thank you for the quick fix and for the trouble to send me a
copy by e-mail. I'm almost a happy man now.

Gert Doering
2007-06-15 17:42:38 UTC
Post by Johannes Beekhuizen
GD> Forgot one new source file (g3file.c, attached). Thanks for
GD> pointing that out.
Thank you for the quick fix and for the trouble to send me a
copy by e-mail.
Well. Better do one update very quickly than answering the same
questions many times :))
Post by Johannes Beekhuizen
I'm almost a happy man now.
Hmmm, is there anything in mgetty land to improve the "almost" part? :)

--
Posted automagically by a mail2news gateway at muc.de e.V.
Please direct questions, flames, donations, etc. to news-***@muc.de
Johannes Beekhuizen
2007-06-15 19:46:13 UTC
Hallo Gert,
Post by Johannes Beekhuizen
GD> Forgot one new source file (g3file.c, attached).
Thank you for the quick fix and for the trouble to send me a
copy by e-mail.
GD> Well. Better do one update very quickly than answering the same
GD> questions many times :))

That's true.
Post by Johannes Beekhuizen
I'm almost a happy man now.
GD> Hmmm, is there anything in mgetty land to improve the "almost"
GD> part? :)

Well, there was vgetty :) Life is still not perfect. But don't worry,
on the whole I'm quite contented.

Greg
2007-06-15 23:43:30 UTC
Hi Gert,

Is it possible to run mgetty and Asterisk on the same PSTN lines
to allow data users as well?

Thanks
--
Greg

... Windows, another fine product from the folks who gave us edlin.

Gert Doering
2007-06-17 19:54:15 UTC
Post by Greg
Is it possible to run mgetty and Asterisk on the same PSTN lines
to allow data users as well?
Depends on what sort of "PSTN" lines you have. On a normal analogue
modem line, I don't see any way to achieve that (there can only be one
process talking to the tty).

On an ISDN device, it might be possible, to get the kernel distinguish
the target for the incoming call via the dialled number - but I'm not
fully sure how Asterisk talks to "ISDN on Linux", so this is a question
better asked on one of the Asterisk lists.

mgetty can *not* be used with IAXmodem to handle data calls, as IAXmodem
will only do fax protocols (but you can use mgetty+IAXmodem+Asterisk for
fax reception - compile with -DCLASS1).

Antoine Jacoutot
2007-06-15 10:36:45 UTC
Post by Gert Doering
Hi,
JFYI, I have just released mgetty 1.1.36.
I can't seem to be able to compile it:

cc -O2 -pipe -Wall -DAUTO_PPP -DPREFIX=\"/usr/local\" -c hyla_nsf.c
make: don't know how to make g3file.o. Stop
--
Antoine

Gert Doering
2007-06-15 11:19:33 UTC
Post by Antoine Jacoutot
Post by Gert Doering
JFYI, I have just released mgetty 1.1.36.
cc -O2 -pipe -Wall -DAUTO_PPP -DPREFIX=\"/usr/local\" -c hyla_nsf.c
make: don't know how to make g3file.o. Stop
Yep - my mistake. I've just sent the missing file to the list, and have
re-rolled the tarball (not changing the version number since this was
noticed so quickly).

Antoine Jacoutot
2007-06-15 11:28:29 UTC
Post by Gert Doering
Yep - my mistake. I've just sent the missing file to the list, and have
re-rolled the tarball (not changing the version number since this was
noticed so quickly).
Works great now.
Thanks for fixing this so fast ;)
--