BUSY and NO DIALTONE
k***@physik.rwth-aachen.de
2010-12-29 14:41:01 UTC
Since recently my outgoing fax facility (mgetty 1.1.31-Jul24,
FreeBSD6.0)
stopped working reliably.

Trying to send faxes either gives BUSY or NO DIALTONE. I tried it with
two differen fax recipients today again to no avail.

Modem is an ELSA Microlink 28.8/56K
additional info "Version 1.10 /19.7.1999'.

How could I track down the problem? Help please.

Christoph P. U. Kukulies
Edmund H. Ramm
2010-12-29 16:32:33 UTC
Post by k***@physik.rwth-aachen.de
[...]
Trying to send faxes either gives BUSY or NO DIALTONE. I tried it with
two differen fax recipients today again to no avail.
Modem is an ELSA Microlink 28.8/56K
[...]
How could I track down the problem? Help please.
Dial out manually using a telephone to see if the lines are really
engaged or if there really is no dialtone. If all seems to sound fine
dial out manually using the modem (AT commands). Some modems have a
built-in speaker. Enable this so you can hear what happens on the
line.

HTH, Eddi ._._.
--
e-mail: dk3uz AT arrl DOT net | AMPRNET: ***@db0hht.ampr.org
If replying to a Usenet article, please use above e-mail address.