new Centos 5 install gives fax_get_pages: can't write to '/var/spool/fax/incoming': Permission denied
Brian Johnson
2008-09-22 01:54:59 UTC
Thanks for the response

I fixed the problem by setting the selinux config file from "enabled" to
"permissive"

It seems that selinux didn't think mgetty had any reason to access the hard
drive
Hi,
I'm trying to set up a new server using Centos 5 on a x_64. I've used
mgetty+sendfax to receive faxes on various servers but the last one was a
Centos 3 OS
I get a permissions error in the /var/log/mgetty.log.ttyUSB0
I know I must be missing a setup step, but I can't figure out what I've
missed.
It's hard for us to do so, if you don't show us the log file in
question...
Any pointers?
Re-run mgetty with "debug 5" (or -x5), and show us everything in the mgetty
log file between the "waiting..." line and the "####" line.
(I won't see the mail before end of next week, as I'm currently
reading all my e-mail over a $expensive$ GPRS links, and I'm only
forwarding small text-only mails, but maybe one of the other readers
of the list can spot the problem)
gert
--
Posted automagically by a mail2news gateway at muc.de e.V.
Please direct questions, flames, donations, etc. to news-***@muc.de
Gert Doering
2008-09-23 09:00:30 UTC
Post by Brian Johnson
Thanks for the response
I fixed the problem by setting the selinux config file from "enabled" to
"permissive"
Thanks for the feedback. I was afraid it would be something like this...
Post by Brian Johnson
It seems that selinux didn't think mgetty had any reason to access the hard
drive
Hooray for strict security measures! NOT.

(Was that a selinux configuration shipped with the distribution? If yes,
I think this would warrant a bug report...)

gert
--
Gert Doering
Mobile communications ... right now writing from * Sardegna, Italy *

Cyril Spiro
2008-09-23 20:40:33 UTC
I realize the problem has been solved, but for those who it might help;
selinux can cause many headaches and we always disable it when installing a
new system. There are many other firewall protections in place.

spiroc