sendFax via CUPS
Holger Petersen
2006-07-11 15:49:40 UTC
Hello!

I am usind (mgetty&) sendfax since years; but I like
the ease of the network-printing with CUPS.

I had a look on "http://vigna.dsi.unimi.it/fax4CUPS/",
but I was not pleased with the hassle to input the
Fax-Number.

For Windows-Clients there is the nice daemon 'respond',
and in KDE there is 'KdePrintfax'. But I did not succeed
in the marriage between kdeprintfax and fax4cups...

Is there any other way?

Yours, Holger

PS: On a KDE-client I made a small script that copies
with 'scp' the data and afterwords starts faxspool
by usind a ssh-commandline.
Andreas Barth
2006-07-11 16:26:35 UTC
Post by Holger Petersen
I had a look on "http://vigna.dsi.unimi.it/fax4CUPS/",
but I was not pleased with the hassle to input the
Fax-Number.
Actually, the bad thing is that cups (or rather ppd) isn't able to
specify free text fields, except the job title. So, it's bad anyways.

Cheers,
Andi
--
http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/