new Centos 5 install gives fax_get_pages: can't write to '/var/spool/fax/incoming': Permission denied
Brian Johnson
2008-09-17 14:56:13 UTC
I'm trying to set up a new server using Centos 5 on a x_64. I've used
mgetty+sendfax to receive faxes on various servers but the last one was a
Centos 3 OS

I get a permissions error in the /var/log/mgetty.log.ttyUSB0

I know I must be missing a setup step, but I can't figure out what I've
missed.

I've chmod 777 /var/spool/fax/incoming so permissions shouldn't be a problem.

I'm finding received faxes in /tmp but new_fax doesn't run. I can process
them via bash shell and get them printed one at a time so the modem IS
receiving them.

Any pointers?
Gert Doering
2008-09-20 19:57:14 UTC
Post by Brian Johnson
I'm trying to set up a new server using Centos 5 on a x_64. I've used
mgetty+sendfax to receive faxes on various servers but the last one was a
Centos 3 OS
I get a permissions error in the /var/log/mgetty.log.ttyUSB0
I know I must be missing a setup step, but I can't figure out what I've
missed.
It's hard for us to do so, if you don't show us the log file in
question...
Post by Brian Johnson
Any pointers?
Re-run mgetty with "debug 5" (or -x5), and show us everything in the mgetty
log file between the "waiting..." line and the "####" line.

(I won't see the mail before end of next week, as I'm currently
reading all my e-mail over a $expensive$ GPRS links, and I'm only
forwarding small text-only mails, but maybe one of the other readers
of the list can spot the problem)

gert
--
Gert Doering
Mobile communications ... right now writing from * Sardegna, Italy *

--
Posted automagically by a mail2news gateway at muc.de e.V.
Please direct questions, flames, donations, etc. to news-***@muc.de