vgetty distinctive ring ignore
A***@yahoo.com
2006-10-03 00:07:36 UTC
I have mgetty 1.1.30 installed with voice and have it working with
distinctive ring.

The following is my voice.conf for the port specific section:

#Primary Ring (1 Long Ring)
ring_type ring1
answer_mode ignore

#Secondary Ring (2 Short Rings)
ring_type ring2
answer_mode voice:fax:data

My delema is that I have an existing voice machine that picks up the
Primary Ring (which I want to keep). I would like vgetty to answer the
Secondary Ring before the existing voice machine picks up. The above
configuration does well not to answer the Primary Ring when the
"answer_mode ignore" is processed, but it ends up hanging vgetty with
the following message:

vgetty: answer mode is set to not accept any kind of call

Thus, never returning vgetty to the call wait state.

Is their a way to have vgetty ignore the Primary Ring without hanging
itself?

Thank you for your assitance.

Respectfully,

Gary
A***@yahoo.com
2006-10-03 22:33:42 UTC
Post by A***@yahoo.com
[...]
I was able to get it to answer only on the distinctive ring using
cnd-program as outlined in the following thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/aus.computers.linux/browse_thread/thread/f8b9db59751f7b1e/e8ce24110b01d0ba?lnk=st&q=cnd-program+reject+call&rnum=1#e8ce24110b01d0ba

Respectfully,

Gary