problem with dialing through
Ewald Geschwinde
2006-01-11 09:32:04 UTC
I want only to send faxes.

I have a multitech MT5600ZDX Modem.

My problem is that I have to phone through a telephone system.

There is a windows computer which uses the dial-prefix ATDT0, for
dialing through - there it works without problems.

I use the same dailing prefix in sendfax but it says dial failed (NO
DIALTONE)

Maybe the dial-prefix for this modem is wrong but I cannot find any
documents regarding this for this modem.

Maybe someone gives me a hint what I can do to solve this problem.

Regards Ewald Geschwinde
Gert Doering
2006-01-11 10:50:46 UTC
Post by Ewald Geschwinde
I use the same dailing prefix in sendfax but it says dial failed (NO
DIALTONE)
Make sure the modem is initialized with ATX3. Ideally, set the dial-string
to be ATX3DT0W
Post by Ewald Geschwinde
Maybe the dial-prefix for this modem is wrong but I cannot find any
documents regarding this for this modem.
That's pretty generic...

gert
//www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany ***@greenie.muc.de