Very low sound volume on phone line
Mihai Moldovan
2011-08-19 20:36:34 UTC

I just hooked up my old MODEM to the phone line and a new computer and
started playing around again.

This being said, I noticed that the sound volume over the phone line is
very low, although I've been recording on a high level - and even
amplified it by 10dB (with clipping...)

Is this some software (mgetty? wavtopvf? pvftormd?) or hardware
limitation (MODEM sucks for voice?)

Best regards,

Mihai
Mihai Moldovan
2011-08-19 21:18:46 UTC
Post by Mihai Moldovan
This being said, I noticed that the sound volume over the phone line is
very low, although I've been recording on a high level - and even
amplified it by 10dB (with clipping...)
Never mind, 'transmit_gain 100' solves this problem (and I feel so very
stupid right now.)

Thanks though.

OT: Gert, I've been noticing connectivity problems with muc.de, is
anything wrong there?